When we need to collect personal information, we will inform you of the purposes for collecting it, before or when it is collected. We will also make recommendations to our clients on the appropriate methods of doing so.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION – how and what we do
How we use personal information and obtain consent
Giving a clear idea of how we use personal information and seek consent is important. Here’s what we do:
- Whenever possible, we will try to inform clients and their customers how the personal information will be used and disclosed by Quarry Integrated Communications.
- We will obtain consent from our clients and their customers before or when we collect, use, or disclose personal information
- We will NOT obtain consent through deceptive means
- We may collect, use, or disclose personal information without the customer’s consent for certain legal, security, or processing reasons
- A customer’s consent can be expressed, implied, or given through an authorized representative
- A customer CAN withdraw consent at any time
What are our limits to collecting personal information?
- We will limit the amount and type of personal information we collect on behalf of clients
- We will collect personal information for the purposes identified to the client’s customer
- We will collect personal information using procedures which are fair and lawful
What are our limits to using personal information?
Quarry has limitations to using, disclosing, and keeping personal information. These include:
- Using or disclosing personal information only for the reasons it was collected, unless a client’s customer gives consent to use or disclose it for another reason
- Under certain exceptional circumstances, we have a common law duty or right to disclose personal information without customer consent to protect QUARRY INTEGRATED COMMUNICATIONS INC. or the public interest
- We will keep personal information only as long as necessary for the identified purposes
Keeping personal information accurate
- We will keep personal information as accurate, complete, current, and relevant as necessary for the identified purposes
- Clients’ customers may challenge the accuracy and completeness of their personal information and have it amended as appropriate. To do so, customers will contact the client directly unless an arrangement has been made with the client that allows the client’s customer to contact QUARRY INTEGRATED COMMUNICATIONS INC. directly.
Safeguarding personal information
Quarry will protect personal information with safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
Need more information about our policies and procedures?
We are open about the policies and procedures we use to manage personal information.
Clients and their customers can have access to information about these policies and procedures by contacting the Privacy Officer at Quarry Integrated Communications. We’ll make sure that the information you receive is easy to understand.
Want to know how we are using personal information?
- Upon the request of a client or their customers, we will advise them what personal information we have, what it is being used for, and to whom it has been disclosed.
- To make a request, customers will contact the client directly unless an arrangement has been made with the client that allows the client’s customer to contact Quarry Integrated Communications directly. We will then provide them access to their own personal information.
Handling Client and Customer Complaints and Questions
We understand privacy is an important issue to our clients and their customers. If you have questions or concerns, we would like to hear them.
Clients or their customers may challenge our compliance with our own privacy code. Quarry has policies and procedures to receive, investigate, and respond to clients’ (and their customers) complaints and questions.
Quarry Integrated Communications