Many businesses today use technology to deeply connect mobile workers with their business processes. In fact, this connection has become a strategic component of their success. A recent IDC survey[1. Embracing Next-Generation Mobile Platforms to Solve Business Problems, Stephen D. Drake - IDC, October 2008] reveals that 70% of the surveyed organizations currently deploy at least one mobile application — and more than a third of these companies deploy multiple applications.
For companies that have invested in smartphones for their mobile workers but have not yet explored mobile applications, Mobile Forms can provide a substantial, rapid return on investment by replacing cumbersome, time-consuming and error-prone paper-based form processes.
In what areas do Mobile Forms provide the best ROI?
- Marketing (customer surveys, event and field promotion)
- Sales (CRM, sales automation, expense management)
- Retail and consumer goods (point-of purchase and merchandising)
- Healthcare (patient medication or behavior adherence/visit management)
Punchlist inspections (brand and quality assurance compliance)
How do Mobile Forms provide immediate, positive ROI?
- Costs very little to set up and per user.
- Deploys very quickly.
- Requires minimal training (and associated costs).
- Streamlines and centralizes data capture activities.
- Improves data quality.
- Improves organization-wide data access.
- Replaces cost of printing and distributing paper forms.
- Leverages low-cost mobile devices already in the field.
What do Mobile Forms allow you to do?
- Rapidly develop and deploy mobile forms to your field force.
- Capture form data, signatures, photos, GPS and more.
- Work offline when needed.
- Receive real-time PDF reports by email.
- Export and integrate data capture with your existing portal applications.
- Make decisions based on real-time reporting of field-force activities.
At Quarry, we have implemented Mobile Forms solutions for all popular makes of smartphones to replace paper forms, enabling field workers to capture and send data quickly and easily to a central location for immediate reporting and sharing. Process efficiencies can be further enhanced through integration of Mobile Forms with hosted and back-office systems such as Salesforce.com, CRM, ERP and PBX.
Is your company leveraging mobile technology? If so, please join the conversation to share your experience and ideas. If not, let’s talk.